14th century documentation mentions an “Oratory of Sister Sperandia”, the Camaldolese nun who died in Cingoli in 1276. It was then dedicated to Saint Michael, holy protector of the Camaldolese order. The medieval monastery, in the course of the 14th century, was inhabited by a large monastic community and was demolished by the Malatesta officers in 1355. In the 16th century the church saw various extensions and restorations, which continued into the 17th century with other restoration and decorative work, which resulted in its present Baroque architectural forms. The brickwork exterior is rather elegant, with Tuscan pilasters, moulded cornices and a tympanum. The entrance portal leads into an octagonal narthex. The interior consists of a single chamber, with lunette barrel vaulting, and on the altar it is possible to see a painting by the artist Pier Simone Fanelli of the Miracle of the Cherries inside an oval frame. The Chapel dedicated to Saint Sperandia, from 1621, which represents a perfect union of sculptural decoration and architectural elements, houses a marble urn containing the saint’s body created by Annibale Ricca, from Cingoli, between 1633 and 1639. The altar of Saint Francesca Romana holds the work by Giuseppe Ghezzi portraying the Saint in Adoration of the Madonna and Child. The counter-façade holds the splendid orchestra, in finely carved and gilded polychrome wood, attributed to Cosmo Scoccianti (1642-1720) and to his workshop. Between the 18th and the 20th centuries various works of conservation were undertaken for the whole building.