The church of Santa Chiara was managed by the so-called “Capuchins”, who decided to embrace the Rule of Saint Clare by belonging to the Second Order. At the end of the 17th century a plan was made to renovate the building by the architect and mathematician Romolo Broglio (1655-1736) from Treia, which was completed in 1710. Following the Napoleonic suppression, in the second half of the 19th century the Order of the Poor Clares in Treia began to dwindle, and the convent was used as a textile mill and the church passed to the Pious Union of the Sacred Heart. The entire complex was subsequently acquired by the community of the nuns of the Order of the Visitation of Holy Mary. The church has an octagonal plan and the brickwork façade has a horizontal top at the centre of which a moulded triangular pediment protrudes. Inside the building, which has an entirely decorated vaulted ceiling, there is a raised presbytery, with a high altar enriched by a sumptuous altarpiece that houses a small wooden statue of the Madonna of Loreto.