The church of San Filippo was built on the site of a small 14th century oratory. A great deal of work was carried out during the course of the 17th century before it was effectively consecrated in 1731. Very soon after, however, the need was felt for a further reconstruction for which a drawing by Pietro Augustoni was chosen. Work began in 1767 and Augustoni was assisted in the project by the master builder Tommaso Rossetti, by the decorators Raffaele Augustoni and Benedetto Silva and by the Oratorian Father Carlo Fortunati acting as supervisor appointed by the congregation. The church consists of a single chamber, subdivided into two large vaulted bays and terminating in a presbytery with a straight wall flanked by magnificent wooden choirs. On the back wall, in all its splendour, stands the rich altarpiece of the high altar. The lateral altars are decorated with faux marble and gilding with altarpieces painted by Pasquale Ciaramponi (1734-1792): the Christ in Glory with Saints Anthony the Abbot, Ignatius of Loyola, Clement, Francis de Sales and Francis Borgia, and Saint Charles Borromeo giving Communion to Saint Aloysius Gonzaga. Niches set into the wall hold works depicting the Doctors of the Church and the Evangelists, by the Roman-Flemish sculptor Gioacchino Varlè (1734-1806).