Church of the Rosario [Rosary]

Location

Pievebovigliana

The Church of the Rosario, dating back to the 17th century, is the only religious building in Pievebovigliana. It consists of a rather simple structure with a single chamber and ceiling made of wooden trusses. Among the objects and paintings in the interior of particular note is the altarpiece on the high altar depicting the Madonna with Child and Angels and Saint Anne, John the Baptist and Charles Borromeo painted after 1765 and attributed to the painter and architect Domenico Valeri. The altarpiece on the left-hand altar is of the Adoration of the Shepherds and the work on the right-hand altar is a devotional altarpiece depicting the Madonna of the Rosary.